Brisbane City Council’s Green Heart Fair
9:00am to 3:00pm, 30 May 2021
7th Brigade Park, Newman Road, Chermside
Brisbane City Council’s Green Heart Fair will treat residents to free native plants, Brisbane’s leading sustainability experts and practical ways to live a more eco-friendly life.
Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner said the popular event would provide residents and businesses with the inspiration they needed to become a waste warrior at home.
“When it comes to sustainability, we all have to start somewhere, and small, everyday decisions by households will continue to have a big impact on our city’s sustainability,” Cr Schrinner said. “From composting tips to how to keep bees at home, Green Heart Fair will feature more than 120 of Brisbane’s leading experts with innovative environmentally-friendly products and services, as well as a whole day of talks covering a range of sustainable living topics.”
“Attendees will also be invited to enjoy some of Brisbane’s best local food trucks with more plant-based food options than ever before and take home two native plants to grow at home or in the local community. The one-day event has something for everyone of all ages and green thumb abilities.”
Things to look forward to on the day:
- 3000 free native plants for Brisbane residents given away on a first-in, first-served basis. You can also get up close with live native animals at the Council marquee.
- Learn how to create a green home and garden with all day sessions from sustainability experts including Green Living Australia and Bee One Third.
- Keep the little ones entertained with a free Dirt Girl show and all-day kids’ activities, including craft workshops, nature play and giant games, all for free.
- Be inspired to reduce your waste at home as the Waste Zone highlights ways to reduce waste for a more sustainable life. Kids and big kids alike will also be able to get up close with a garbage truck.
- Grow your green thumb at Grow Zone by learning how to keep bees at home and get your little ones involved with a hands-on workshop.
- Meet the stars with Channel 7 Queensland’s personalities joining in the fun and try your hand at one of the activities.
- Move for Less by test driving electric scooters. Check out electric vehicles and learn more about sustainable travel.
- Brisbane’s best artisans will showcase their finest collections of crafty handmade trinkets and oddments galore. Meander through the stalls of emerging and established local artisans, all 100% locally made.
- Enjoy delicious food from Brisbane’s favourite food trucks, with more plant-based and gluten free options to cater for all kinds of foodies.
- Enjoy live music to keep the crowds buzzing all day long!